[Interop-dev] Common API

Federico Capoano (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 30 18:36:53 CEST 2013

Hey Ben,

you're mentioning OpenWRT, but I'm not interested in having a real
network to test.

At the moment I'm just implementing synchronization of georeferenced
records between two different web applications that manage georeferenced
data and have an HTTP API available.

So, I would like to avoid spending time in installing stuff, I would
just like somebody to come and say, here it is your test layer at this
URL, here's the doc on how to perform inserts. I'm quite confident I can
get it working in few hours.

I know, sounds demanding doesn't it? Trying doesn't hurt. If I can't get
that kind of request satisfied now I will go through the installation
stuff only when I will have time. But I wanted to demonstrate this
concept quickly.

My point is: in some cases different applications might be able to
interoperate (to a certain extent) without the need of a common API. And
I want to show you my idea, which is a very simple implementation after
all, definitely not rocket science :-).

Federico