[Interop-dev] Common API

Ben West (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 30 18:20:22 CEST 2013

Hi Federico,

Whilst scanning the flood of recent activity on this list, I noticed your
question about testing openwifimap, et al.

If this is helpful, I've been testing out OpenWRT-derivatives under VMware,
connected to a physical ath9k_htc radio via USB.  Specifically, this was
done for the Commotion Wireless project, but the (moderately out of date *)
instructions I posted on their wiki are applicable to other OpenWRTs too.

https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion/wiki/VMware-Player

If you don't mind compiling your firmware stack for x86, this VMware method
might be useful for testing.

* I have a patch to make adhoc + AP work with ath9k_htc driver, which I can
share if needed.

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net