[Wien] ipv6 with olsrd2?

Christian Pock (spam-protected)
Fr Aug 11 13:43:30 CEST 2017

Hi Gui,

you are right: IPv6 on olsr1 is no longer active on the majority of node that supported it earlier this year (or last year). Anyway, as far as I know the tunnel service "6in4" is still active, thus: as long as you are able to find a path on (spam-protected), you might be lucky to get online.

As of know, IPv6 is delivered by olsr2, as you already discovered on your own *thumbsup*. To get a clear view on what nodes support (spam-protected), you can investigate the olsrv2info output or just look at these 2 links:
http://ff.cybercomm.at/monitor/olsr2.php
http://ff.cybercomm.at/map2/

For some reason, not all routers running olsr2 are reachable via IPv6. As far as we found out, this is related to the  setting "WDS bridge" on Ubiquiti-Antennas running AirOS 6 or earlier (with must be enabled). So in case there's a node listed in the "olsr2 cloud", a missing WDS-bridge-enabled setting could cause that the node is not available (highlighted blue in the listing and map).
Also, some nodes running olsr2 do not have a connection to the rest of the olsr2-could. That means, they are isolated without the uplink node broadcasting the default routes to ::0. Looks like gri102 is such a node :-(

Recently I discovered also an issue related to the versions of olsrd2 daemon (oonf): most of the routers use version 0.13.0, which does not seam to work properly together with the most actual version 0.14.1: updating a node from 0.13.0 to 0.14.1 will isolate it. Details see this github issue:
https://github.com/OLSR/OONF/issues/10

I hope this helps to explain the situation.
To solve this for you, I propose to get in contact with the node owner/tech-c of gri106 and his/her uplink-partner.

Stein712 has node-id=2843, that is 0xb1b.
Your node's IPv6 user block therefore is: 2a02:61:b1b::/48.

See further details on IP-Addresses here:
https://wiki.funkfeuer.at/wiki/IP-Adresskonzept

Regards, Christian

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Wien [mailto:(spam-protected)] Im Auftrag von Gui Iribarren
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. August 2017 21:46
An: (spam-protected)
Betreff: [Wien] ipv6 with olsrd2?

Hello fellow funkfeuers,
i'm trying to get native ipv6 connectivity in stein712
https://map.funkfeuer.at/wien/#shownode=stein712

currently doing olsr1 (v4) with gri102 that has been providing wonderful connectivity for almost a year already so i just tried to do also olsr1 (v6), without success looking at a tcpdump, i saw olsr2 packets coming from gri102 so i installed olsr2 on my side, made a trivial config based on
http://www.olsr.org/mediawiki/index.php/OLSR_network_deployments#olsrd2_2

and i get only 3 routes:
2a02:61:831::1
2a02:61:a5b::1
2a02:61:b65::1

and, especially, no default route

is this just an isolated test olsr2 mesh?
maybe something wrong in my (trivial) config?

what's the current level of implementation of ipv6 across funkfeuer?

how do i get an ipv6 range assigned to my stein712?

as always, i offer my help in whatever needed to push ipv6 implementation forward :)

thanks!

gui