[Nodedb-interop] changed summary text of our group

Mitar (spam-protected)
Tue Dec 1 11:46:28 CET 2009

Hi!

> Do you want to provide a wiki?

We can. Do you think that we should setup a new wiki/page which would be
dedicated to this or just make some it under our current wiki? I think
the first way would be better as it can be easier expanded with other
things.

> In case there is the need for it, Funkfeuer Vienna can theoretically
> help you to get PI space. At least we can try. You should just be
> clear about the recurring financial costs to RIPE. But on the other
> hand: public IPs are the natural way of doing peering agreements.

At least for us we would currently stick to private IPs for IPv4. Later
on we will probably move to IPv6 mesh and then we would probably like to
have official/registered IPv6 addresses.

I also think it would be useful to cooperate with guifi.net on this, as
they are also going in this direction of being possible to provide
public IP space and similar. So you both could become smaller wifi
networks' windows to RIPE.

But for now I think it is important to document this. So IP ranges
everybody is using for example.

Maybe even setup a allocation system or use an existing one (like
guifi.net's).

Mitar