[Interop-dev] GSoC 2017 netjsongraph.js progress report 1

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 8 16:57:07 CEST 2017

On 06/08/2017 11:06 AM, Nicolas Pace wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-06-07 at 10:02 +0200, Nemesis wrote:

>>> Good idea... have you worked on it?
>>
>> We have a converter for BMX6 (I think the tool that outputs the data
>> was
>> called b6m) but I'm not entirely sure somebody is really using it:
>>
>> https://github.com/ninuxorg/netdiff/blob/master/netdiff/parsers/bmx6.
>> py
>
> At least not us... because we are doing this in the router and we
> cannot use python for that :(
> Is there any lua implementation of that?

There's a misunderstanding, that code doesn't run on the router. The
router sends the topology to an application that runs that library to
convert the native output to NetJSON NetworkGraph, which is then used
for visualization.

>>> No... we actually use BMX6 by default in LibreMesh (although all
>>> routing protocols are supported), so that's what I'm focusing right
>>> now.
>>>
>>> Pitty that you are not around...
>>
>> Yes it's a pity.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I'm always available for remote collaboration on shared
>> goals.
>> IMHO email / chat / voice calls are just as good as physical
>> presence,
>> even better: cheaper, faster, more comfortable because it doesn't
>> require to go through airports, trains and visa requests.
>>

> This is not in my priority list for now, so i'm not sure when I will be
> able to get to this... but, if anyone wants to work on this, I can show
> him around :)

Sure, I have one simple question if you don't mind: what tool are you
using in BMX6 to generate topology output?
Is there a repository with a little bit of documentation for this tool?

That would already be helpful.

Federico