[Interop-dev] GSoC 2017 netjsongraph.js progress report 1

Nicolas Pace (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 8 11:06:23 CEST 2017

On Wed, 2017-06-07 at 10:02 +0200, Nemesis wrote:
> On 06/06/2017 12:22 PM, Nicolas Pace wrote:
> > On Tue, 2017-06-06 at 10:01 +0200, Nemesis wrote:
> > > Unfortunately I could not come this year because work and GSoC
> > > are
> > > keeping me extremely busy.
> > >
> > > You may want have a chat with Leonardo Maccari which has been
> > > using
> > > NetJSON NetworkGraph in some research work regarding the study of
> > > network topologies of community networks at the University of
> > > Trento.
> > >
> > > I talked to Axel last year about writing a converter for BMX7 in
> > > netdiff
> > > https://github.com/ninuxorg/netdiff, the abstraction layer that
> > > allows
> > > us to convert topology output of different routing protocols to
> > > NetJSON
> > > NetworkGraph - so in our applications we only deal with one
> > > format.
> >
> > Good idea... have you worked on it?
>
> We have a converter for BMX6 (I think the tool that outputs the data
> was
> called b6m) but I'm not entirely sure somebody is really using it:
>
> https://github.com/ninuxorg/netdiff/blob/master/netdiff/parsers/bmx6.
> py

At least not us... because we are doing this in the router and we
cannot use python for that :(
Is there any lua implementation of that?

> > > Do you know what's the official tool that generates topology
> > > output
> > > for
> > > BMX7?
> >
> > No... we actually use BMX6 by default in LibreMesh (although all
> > routing protocols are supported), so that's what I'm focusing right
> > now.
> >
> > Pitty that you are not around...
>
> Yes it's a pity.
>
> Nevertheless, I'm always available for remote collaboration on shared
> goals.
> IMHO email / chat / voice calls are just as good as physical
> presence,
> even better: cheaper, faster, more comfortable because it doesn't
> require to go through airports, trains and visa requests.

This is not in my priority list for now, so i'm not sure when I will be
able to get to this... but, if anyone wants to work on this, I can show
him around :)

Regards,