[Interop-dev] GSoC 2017 netjsongraph.js progress report 1

Nicolas Pace (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 10 10:34:39 CEST 2017

On June 8, 2017 4:57:07 PM GMT+02:00, Nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>On 06/08/2017 11:06 AM, Nicolas Pace wrote:

>>> We have a converter for BMX6 (I think the tool that outputs the data
>>> was
>>> called b6m) but I'm not entirely sure somebody is really using it:
>>>

>https://github.com/ninuxorg/netdiff/blob/master/netdiff/parsers/bmx6.
>>> py
>>
>> At least not us... because we are doing this in the router and we
>> cannot use python for that :(
>> Is there any lua implementation of that?
>
>There's a misunderstanding, that code doesn't run on the router. The
>router sends the topology to an application that runs that library to
>convert the native output to NetJSON NetworkGraph, which is then used
>for visualization.

In the case of the bmx6 renderer the module generates a JSON that gets rendered in the clientside

>>> Yes it's a pity.
>>>
>>> Nevertheless, I'm always available for remote collaboration on
>shared
>>> goals.
>>> IMHO email / chat / voice calls are just as good as physical
>>> presence,
>>> even better: cheaper, faster, more comfortable because it doesn't
>>> require to go through airports, trains and visa requests.
>>>

>> This is not in my priority list for now, so i'm not sure when I will
>be
>> able to get to this... but, if anyone wants to work on this, I can
>show
>> him around :)
>>

>Sure, I have one simple question if you don't mind: what tool are you
>using in BMX6 to generate topology output?

Just some lua code that is based on bmx6 command line interface.

>Is there a repository with a little bit of documentation for this tool?

No documentation... Just code :)
Not that hard
It is in http://GitHub.com/libremesh/lime-packages

Inside packages folder there might be a luci-bmx6 package or similar... Will send you the precise link later