[Interop-dev] GSoC 2017 netjsongraph.js progress report 1

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 7 10:02:04 CEST 2017

On 06/06/2017 12:22 PM, Nicolas Pace wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-06-06 at 10:01 +0200, Nemesis wrote:
>> Unfortunately I could not come this year because work and GSoC are
>> keeping me extremely busy.
>>
>> You may want have a chat with Leonardo Maccari which has been using
>> NetJSON NetworkGraph in some research work regarding the study of
>> network topologies of community networks at the University of Trento.
>>
>> I talked to Axel last year about writing a converter for BMX7 in
>> netdiff
>> https://github.com/ninuxorg/netdiff, the abstraction layer that
>> allows
>> us to convert topology output of different routing protocols to
>> NetJSON
>> NetworkGraph - so in our applications we only deal with one format.
>
> Good idea... have you worked on it?

We have a converter for BMX6 (I think the tool that outputs the data was
called b6m) but I'm not entirely sure somebody is really using it:

https://github.com/ninuxorg/netdiff/blob/master/netdiff/parsers/bmx6.py

>> Do you know what's the official tool that generates topology output
>> for
>> BMX7?
>
> No... we actually use BMX6 by default in LibreMesh (although all
> routing protocols are supported), so that's what I'm focusing right
> now.
>
> Pitty that you are not around...

Yes it's a pity.

Nevertheless, I'm always available for remote collaboration on shared goals.
IMHO email / chat / voice calls are just as good as physical presence,
even better: cheaper, faster, more comfortable because it doesn't
require to go through airports, trains and visa requests.

Federico