[Interop-dev] GSoC 2017 student application

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 22 10:28:43 CET 2017

Hey Xiang, please always use reply to all when replying.

On 02/22/2017 10:17 AM, GeekPlux wrote:
> thanks.
>
> I recommend the http://sigmajs.org/ beacaus it dedicated to graph
> drawing based on canvas and WebGL.

Oh yeah I remember I noticed that library when I was developing
netjsongraph.js but don't remember why I didn't go ahead with it.

Can it also do 3D? That would be super awesome.

> The goal you mentiond I think it is easy to me   because I'm a web
> developer and have compeleted the network visualization project last year.

Well, it's not a very complex or hard problem, but I don't think it's
easy. There are many cases to deal with, and when users like the library
because they could use it in one of their projects they start sending
lots of questions and feature requests and if for some reason
maintainers don't reply, they just abandon the library, write their own
thing or use something else, and the projects loses momentum.

> But I find out the last commit to NetJSON is one year ago, there are any
> people maintain and using it?

I'm the only maintainer and I haven't had much time to dedicate to it
because I'm working heavily on the implementations of NetJSON
DeviceConfiguration object that deal with configurations of routers.

Some people are using the library it although I don't know how many.

A few communities and projects using it that I know:

ninux.org:
http://ninux-graph.netjson.org/topology/56714e1c-9673-405f-a1c4-463e8af51a28/
django-netjsongraph: https://github.com/netjson/django-netjsongraph
aspath graph: https://github.com/coxley/aspath_graph