[Interop-dev] Network Device JSON Schema

Ralf Schlatterbeck (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 28 09:43:35 CET 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 07:27:46AM +0100, Jernej Kos wrote:
> On 28. 10. 2014 03:14, Nicolás Echániz wrote:
> > So... uptime is the only "telemetry" information in that document?
>
> No, all attributes could be interpreted as telemetry (reports about
> addresses and MTU configured on interfaces, we have all that in our
> nodewatcher-agent telemetry reports, routing protocol package versions,
> etc.).
>
> Also see the "dbm" and "noise" reported on the wireless radio.
>
> So Federico should comment if this is meant as static configuration
> and/or network device telemetry. I still believe it is the latter.

Probably the meeting Federico mentioned (at Google Mentor Summit
Reunion) had a specific theme, I wasn't there...

Anyway, what I wanted to point out is that we need both, an interface
for telemetry and one for static (config) data. So far we (Christian and
me) have worked on the static part for which I'm glad about feedback.

And maybe starting with the telemetry part might turn out easier --
although that part usually needs some config data (at least for
identifying the devices in question).

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com