[Interop-dev] Network Topology JSON [was: OLSRd2 JSON APIs]

Ralf Schlatterbeck (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 21 11:20:50 CET 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 11:10:50PM +0100, Henning Rogge wrote:

> The number of metrics doesn't matter if you don't know which one is
> good and which one is bad.
>
> What would do with the metric field? Except for "displaying it on
> screen without knowing what it is".

I'm with Henning here: We need to know if the metric is "good" or "bad".
Still naming it "cost" and using negative values if some metric choses
to measure benefit instead of cost looks nice to me (although
implementers of protocols with benefit metrics may have a different view
here :-)

Ralf

--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com