[Interop-dev] Network Topology JSON [was: OLSRd2 JSON APIs]

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 21 19:23:47 CET 2014

On 11/21/2014 11:20 AM, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 11:10:50PM +0100, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> The number of metrics doesn't matter if you don't know which one is
>> good and which one is bad.
>>
>> What would do with the metric field? Except for "displaying it on
>> screen without knowing what it is".
> I'm with Henning here: We need to know if the metric is "good" or "bad".
> Still naming it "cost" and using negative values if some metric choses
> to measure benefit instead of cost looks nice to me (although
> implementers of protocols with benefit metrics may have a different view
> here :-)

So, if using the positive/negative flip, would this be ok:

{
    destination: "<id>",
    next: "<id>",
    source: "<id>",
    device: "<device>",
    metric: "<metric value>",
    metric_type: "<name of algorithm>"
}

Or you still prefer:

{
    destination: "<id>",
    next: "<id>",
    source: "<id>",
    device: "<device>",
    cost: "<metric value>",
    cost_type: "<name of algorithm>"
}

Notice I removed "routing_table" to keep it simple.
We don't have to have everything from version 0, we could gradually add
what we think is needed.

Federico