[Interop-dev] Network Topology JSON [was: OLSRd2 JSON APIs]

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 20 23:10:50 CET 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Maybe we can keep it simple and delay the having more metrics mixed for a
> later moment.

The number of metrics doesn't matter if you don't know which one is
good and which one is bad.

> Can we say: this JSON should be able to represent a network topology as seen
> by a routing protocol deamon configured to see only one routing table and
> one metric?

> "routes": [
>         {
>             "destination": "<id>",
>             "source": "<id>",
>             "next" : "<id>",
>             "device": "<device>",
>             "metric": "<metric value>"
>         }
>     ]

What would do with the metric field? Except for "displaying it on
screen without knowing what it is".

Henning