[Interop-dev] Round 3 Network Device Config JSON Schema

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 14 14:57:24 CET 2014

Updated github:
https://github.com/interop-dev/network-device-schema/commit/8bb8d21f122788ff7481422ab8a9798bb46aa31e

Forgive me if I'm pushing ahead even ifI got no feedback to the latest
questions. We can do it now though.

I thought it would be good to start a new iteration.

I have a few questions:

  * are you ok with renaming the section "software" to "os" and having
    the three keys "name", "release" and "version"? If not please think
    also about an alternative

  * what should the possible values of "encryption" in a wireless
    interface be?
      o "none" or do you prefer false (boolean)?
      o "wep"
      o "wpa"
      o "wpa2"
      o "802.1x"
      o others?

  * in case encryption is different than none, shall we start mapping
    this type of config now or shall we delay it to a later moment?

  * are you ok with renaming output_power in tx_power in a radio
    physical device?

  * are you ok with renaming the attribute "router_id" to "router" in
    the "routing_protocols" section for better consistency with what we
    are doing between "device" and "physical_devices"?
    If not please think also about an alternative

  * so far the ip configuration of this example has been static, how
    could we represent a DHCP setup?

Federico