[Interop-dev] common manageable firmware

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 13 08:49:06 CEST 2012

On Apr 13, 2012, at 3:47 AM, OrazioPirataDelloSpazio (Lorenzo) wrote:

> == Database and node schema ==
> AAron and Mitar did a great job, we could start from their schema and
> decide some kind of "classes" (e.g. Node, Interface, Service), and put
> them in a Django model. In other words, decide the types.
> Thus, if the WCN want to develop a VoIP/Privacy/Distributed filesystem
> service, it just needs to create a new class (VoIPService that inherits
> from  the Service class). Do you see that in this way?

Yes!
And I would like to add here that it is not enough to have a good schema / OO model
but more importantly we need an well defined API.
Even if we can not agree on any framework or Django or whatever, we will be able to have systems which can "talk" to each other via this API. So this is paramount IMHO.

a.