[Interop-dev] common manageable firmware

OrazioPirataDelloSpazio (Lorenzo) (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 13 03:47:51 CEST 2012

On 4/13/12 12:25 AM, Mitar wrote:
> Is not this the first approach I was describing? I thought/wanted to
> describe your approach with the first one. I am sorry if I didn't do it
> properly. :-)

Hi all!
We got a lot of different needs, so I would like to focus which are the
common "fixed" part with a little bit of detail (i.e. if we want the
maximum flexibility, just use django! :) ) .

For instance:

== Database and node schema ==
AAron and Mitar did a great job, we could start from their schema and
decide some kind of "classes" (e.g. Node, Interface, Service), and put
them in a Django model. In other words, decide the types.
Thus, if the WCN want to develop a VoIP/Privacy/Distributed filesystem
service, it just needs to create a new class (VoIPService that inherits
from  the Service class). Do you see that in this way?

== UI ==
A lot of the job in our mapserver has been done on this  (i.e. js, html,
css) and this is not a marginal part (lot of messy js code :D !). How
can we practically imagine a system that works with
"templates"/"pages"/"plugins" or whatever so that somebody could choose
to put in its mapserver our page for adding nodes, a ticketing system, a
VoIP or DNS page etc ? How we can do that with Django? More django APP
in the same project?

== API ==
Which kind of API we would like to export so that the same mobile apps
could work on all our map-servers?

Lorenzo