[Wien] ipv6 with olsrd2?

Erich N. Pekarek (spam-protected)
Di Aug 15 16:02:28 CEST 2017

Am 2017-08-15 um 14:12 schrieb Markus Kittenberger:
> my 2 cents are that bridges without WDS already cause ipv4 problems
> and not only issues with ipv6, so they should never have been used.
>
> Unfortunately i fear there are still quite a few of them in our network.

Definitely all firmware builds of Backfire-Vienna use isolated wlan
interfaces with olsr routing only, but there may be some devices out
there that use bridge mode nevertheless, while still maintaining the
described setup. IPv4 will work well on those, while IPv6 will not (as
described previously).

But these firmwares carry a much more relevant design flaw: active
external-to-external NAT for IPv4 because of the missing exclusion of
RCF1918 and APIPA ranges. So if 'Masquerading' is active for the zone
0xFF and that zone contains several interfaces with public IP addresses,
that problem will occur - incoming traffic with a destination behind the
other IP will not be forwarded correctly.

Screenshots - Problem:

Screenshots - Should-be: