[Wien] [Freebone] FYI - RouterOS - 4.0beta3

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Do Mai 28 16:08:05 CEST 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 3:23 PM, Jan Sawicki wrote:

> I've just upgraded all my routerboards to new development version of
> RoS.
>
> Just for your information whats new:
>
> - 802.11n support, already tested by few people, real throughput on
> outdoor links (2-3km) 100-150 mbps fdx !!! but it nearly kills all b/
> g tranmisions in vicinitiy

yikes!

-> Bad idea unless we put a tube between point A and B and let the
antennas talk directly to each other thru the tube ;-))
Wait! Wasn't that called coax cable back then ? ;-) Ok... let's get
serious again.

Funny coincidence: just yesterday I finally got the ubiquiti sr71-a
cards. And I think I got them somewhat working on openwrt. AP mode
does not work yet, but ad-hoc seems to work. Still need to do stress
tests.  I will see more on the weekend but if it works, we will also
have an open source 802.11n solution.

Going back to the interference issues with N:
Do you think that this basically will exclude us from using 802.11n ?
AFAIK now they use channel bonding and therefore there is not enough
space for others. So, it would be a property of the N standard and not
of the particular cards/OS, right?
Does anyone know more about spectral behavior of N?

a.