[Wien] (mesh networks) announcement: T. Clausen speaking at funkfeuer.at/metalab

aaron (spam-protected)
Do Aug 7 15:28:10 CEST 2008

Advanced topics in MANETs lecture series  at funkfeuer.at

TITLE
OLSRv2 status report and finetuning of the new RFC to the needs of
community wifi networks.

Who:       Thomas Clausen
When?    Wednesday, 13th of Aug.
Where?  www.metalab.at, Rathausstrasse 6, A-1010 Vienna,
(http://metalab.at/wiki/Lage)

Announced presence: Henning Rogge, core commiter at www.olsr.org

T. Clausen, one of the authors of RFC 3626 (OLSR) - which is being used
as the mesh routing protocol in Funkfeuer.at, Freifunk.net, Athens
Metropolitan Network and many other community networks in the world as
well as in industry , will give a small talk in front of funkfeuer.at
and interested mesh network researchers.
OLSR is probably *the* most widely deployed proactive mesh protocol
worldwide apart from proprietary US .mil mesh networks.
Thomas Clausen will describe the upcoming OLSR v2 RFC which can
accomodate many features requested by the user community and also fine
tune things with folks from funkfeuer.at based on our needs.

For international guests - try to get a cheap flight and let me know if
you need a place to sleep.
Please forward this mail to people who are interested in mesh network
research.
Sorry, in case you got this mail twice. I will probably make a list of
people who have been interested in these announcements. In case you are
not interested to receive announcements like this one, let me know.

a.