[Nodedb-interop] GSoC 2011: Define a common node database schema

Clemens John (spam-protected)
Mon Mar 21 13:26:54 CET 2011

Hi,

I´m a pupil from Germany (Freifunk Oldenburg, 21 Years old) and I want to
apply for the task "Define a common node database schema ".

http://wiki.freifunk.net/Ideas#Define_a_common_node_database_schema

I´m doing my A-Level in two weeks and I want to have a task between my school
time and the beginning of the university. I´m legally a pupil until 31. July
2011.

I´m involved in Freifunk Oldenburg (http://freifunk-ol.de) as main developer
of our node database Netmon (http://netmon.freifunk-ol.de/).

My idea is like described in the task to try to merge the given database
schemes into a basic common node database scheme (that can be extended by each
community), try to implement this in Netmon and make the data available
through a web api (if this is not to much for the given time).

Later on (not in this GSoC) it would be nice if other communitys adopt this
sheme and the api idea so that the available data can be shown in a global
freifunk map or something like this.

I would be happy if a mentor can be found for this task :)

Just for your information: I have also asked for a mentor for the task  "CMS
plugin to book Web radio transmission" at (spam-protected) because I´m
not shure if a mentor for this project an be found. But defining a common node
database scheme would be my favorite task.

Feel free to contact me, regards
Clemens