[Nodedb-interop] restful json

sebastian sauer (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 4 15:42:21 CET 2011

Hi,

just subscribed here and was reading the archive..

re. http://lists.funkfeuer.at/pipermail/nodedb-interop/2009-November/000006.html
> One thing I would like to point us to is the open-mesh.com format:
> The request is encoded in a HTTP GET string (urlencoded) and the
> answer is a HTTP "name: value" pair. I can give some samples if
> needed.
This sound pretty much like a RESTful JSON API :)

IMO the only sensible approach for doing such things. The alternatives
like SOAP (POST requests and XML bloated responses) are a PITA.

RESTful means HTTP GET is used. JSON is the data-format (which
is well supported in Haskell, Python, C++, C, JavaScript, etc.)