[Nodedb-interop] Fwd: Fwd: Re: Licenses

Joseph Bonicioli (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 6 10:42:59 CEST 2010

Believe me Mitar the Guifi Agreement is so close to reality that I have
experienced in AWMN since 2004 that its staggering. Sad it's all in Spanish.

Now to experience so close and similar issues between communities and to
legislate on them without knowing about each other's issues in the first
place is magic! When you strike such magic then it is right and it fits many
situations. You have to treasure this as an experience of years that someone
is sharing. Even more so when you are start something up.

Better be specific than sorry.

When you reach 1K of nodes you will have no chance to agree on the basics
(Because for me those pages are only the basics). You are going to be
overwhelmed, it is going to be practically impossible to gather one thousand
node keepers and you are going to find yourself in funny situations. To
right the wrongs after a large infestation it is very difficult. I am
talking out of experience.

I see where you come from when you say that you find things very specific.
Even though someone might not agree, we could work on agreements that are
cut in to byte size chunks based on certain issues and offer them for
general use.

Nevertheless I always find that a little more detail to general issues frees
you from the conversations of what is free, open, public, private,
commercial, profit, non-profit, legal, illegal and the like. Makes things
closer to crystal clear.

Open nets seem to be simple as a concept but they are not. They can involve
many parties, many functions and many services. You have to address all of
those.

My 2 cents