[Nodedb-interop] Let's continue

Joseph Bonicioli (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 12 13:56:03 CET 2010

Happy New Year to all you guys.

I just got back from my vacations and digital isolation in Italy.

I also filled some Addressing and DNS info in the wiki. But I must say that
here in Greece we have allocated 10.0.0.0/8 to every single prefecture of
Greece. Some are not used and a couple of /16s where just left aside as
reserved A full address plan is shown here
<http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=el&sl=el&tl=en&u=http://www.awmn.n
et/cms/content/%CF%80%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%B5%CE%BB%CE%BB%CE%B1%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%BA%
CE%B7-%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%B5%CF%85%CE%B8%CF%85%CE%BD%CF%83%CE%B9%CE%BF%CE%B4%CE%
BF%CF%84%CE%B7%CF%83%CE%B7>

Attica is Athens. Some areas do have VPNs with AWMN OR are interconnected
wirelessly. Have a look at this map
<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=el&t=h&msa=0&msid=112907102678380
541907.00047b27f9d9d795d8cea&z=6> . Most of the communities here use the
WiND Project <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Nodes_Database>
(Wireless Nodes Database) and you can receive recent stats from all those
nets by clicking on their map points.

Please fill in your IP Address Plans since it might be interesting to expand
this VPN network. Although IPv6 will be the way forward, in some cases we
still have a chance to expand with IPv4. We did this recently with wlanlj
and it will be interesting to expand this all over Europe.

Joseph