[Nodedb-interop] did you know about the meshboard implementation ?

Ramon Roca (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 10 10:11:57 CET 2010

All the ip provisioning is already automated in our case, avoinding
users to get addresses for themselves, that's a jey for growing, if not
peopletrend to take big ranges and on ipv4, you are dead. Instead we do
provide a small range, and if they grow, of course it expands, therefore
is much more efficient.

That's not only our experience, I would say that freenetworks.org got
collapsed also because of that, all the IP ranges got allocated,
regardless if the IPs were in use or not, and therefore, became useless.

I think that we do mainly are using a 10.138.0.0/15, but other orgs
joined our network later, and had already their own ranges. What we don
on the table you have seen is provide the ranges at the zones. The zones
have hierarchies (province, county, city, village, neighborhood...), and
when a zone starts to require IP addresses, get those addresses form the
ranges at the zone level, and if they aren¡t, looks into the zone
parents etc...

Really, oncve it works automatic, we don't care very much anymore, there
is no risk of duplicates, so athought the info is in the database, I
don't think that we do have a report of a summary of all the ranges in
use, only what you have seen, of course that report can be reworked, but
again, and that is another example, would be much better to provide an
XML report for that, so later anyone who wants to develop any report in
whatever tool of his preference, might simply parse the XML.

Ramon.

172.x.x are used for internall links, etc. We still do manage ranges,
but there is no need to avoid duplicates..
10.x.x... are the public addresses

Al 09/01/10 17:42, En/na Mitar ha escrit: