[Nodedb-interop] did you know about the meshboard implementation ?

Ramon Roca (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 8 23:02:41 CET 2010

I do also apologize for being late... I'm now in Madrid, still having to
deal with several legal issues... :(.

I'm a bit confused on the focus, maybe we need to have a talk on that,
or maybe I'm missing something, but I'm getting the impression that we
are talking about user interfaces, apps for database management, even
firmware/protocol-oriented apps?

I'm much less ambitious, there are already a few of those apps, and
might come more, but to me the key point now is to build an architecture
to build the capability to interact between apps by describing an XML
schema.

Mitar, just for reference, if you want to get a report of the Ip ranges
used while allocating ip's for each zone, you can get it here:
http://guifi.net/es/node/2413/view/ipv4
And the XML export of this looks like that:
http://guifi.net/en/guifi/cnml/2413/zones

Just by referemce, because this could be incomplet: Although we do
export zones in "CNML", and we do manage IP ranges, currently we don't
export this attribute, so the schema might have to be enhanced....

I think we should start working on XML/DTD descriptions, and after that,
everybody debelop in whatever they do feel more comfortable/creative,
however if we miss that step again, the risk is to get just another nice
application but not reusable app.

I have a dream: A Service Oriented Arquitecture and people developing
components for that, able to interoperate because able to speach a
common language. so instead of relying on isolated/self developed apps
installed on a given server, able to take advantage of the could
computing  ;)

Good 2010 to all!!!

Ramon.

Al 08/01/10 21:22, En/na ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) ha escrit: