[Interop-dev] NetJSON + geographic coordinates

nemesis (spam-protected)
Thu May 10 11:46:44 CEST 2018

 On Tue, 08 May 2018 13:29:16 +0000, Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)>
 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think this should be a part of the network graph...

 Why not? Geographic coordinates can be optional but are important if
 you want to create a network graph with pre-determined positions on a
 geographic map or on a background image (imagine a floorplan).

 By adding them so they would be optional we'd also maintain backward
 compatibility.

> we could easily use the same "node-id" values and just post it with a
> different netjson command.
>
> something like this:
>
> {
>      "type": "GeoPosition",
>      "nodes": [
>          {
>              "id": "172.16.40.24",
>              "geometry": {
>                  "type": "Point",
>                  "coordinates": [
>                      13.7457753718,
>                      43.2589744573
>                  ]
>              },
>      },
> }

 There's no need to reinvent a GeoJSON collection:
 http://wiki.geojson.org/GeoJSON_draft_version_6#GeometryCollection

 We need a network graph that has also GeoJSON coordinates, if we don't
 offer a standard way to do this developers will again reinvent their own
 incompatible way.

 Fed