[Interop-dev] Fwd: [openwisp] robustness visualization for netjsongraph

Federico Capoano (spam-protected)
Tue Oct 17 14:58:45 CEST 2017

Leonardo Maccari is working on some elaboration and visualization of
NetJSON NetworkGraph objects, you can read more about this below and follow
the discussion at
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/openwisp/LR3nOcF_ygk/IqtjO27tCQAJ

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Leonardo Maccari <(spam-protected)>
Date: Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:20 AM
Subject: [openwisp] robustness visualization for netjsongraph
To: OpenWISP <(spam-protected)>

Hi all,

I have been working on two things that I hope can be useful for those
that run mesh networks.
The first is a python module that converts a NetJSON into a block-cut tree
(see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biconnected_component). Basically, it
transforms a generic
graph into a graph that evidences the nodes that are cutpoints, that is,
if they fail, they partition
the network. The goal of this visualization is to give at a glance, the
importance of nodes in the
network. Source code is here
https://github.com/netCommonsEU/netjson-robustness-analyser

The second thing is just a small set of modifications to netjsongraph.js
to show the new network.
Source code is here https://github.com/netCommonsEU/netjsongraph.js in
the robustness_graph branch.

One example is here (sorry for the bad certs, I have to fix it) :
- original ninux network: https://opendata.netcommons.eu/examples/
- bloc-cut tree:
https://opendata.netcommons.eu/examples/condensed-ninux.html

in the second graph blue balls are blocks (cliques of nodes that resist
to one node failure) and
the other ones are cutpoints (if they break, network is partitioned),
size and color changes with
the size of the fracture they produce.

My goal would be to add this (and possibly more) visualization to the
openwisp topology viewer,
embedding the python into the topology module. This is all work in
progress, so any feedback is
largely welcome.

l.

--