[Interop-dev] Fwd: [openwisp] gsoc2017: AirOS backend for OpenWISP2

Federico Capoano (spam-protected)
Mon May 8 12:54:59 CEST 2017

One of the accepted projects in OpenWISP aims to implement a configuration
backend for netjsonconfig <https://github.com/openwisp/netjsonconfig>, the
configuration generator used in OpenWISP2, which is a NetJSON
implementation.

This project will help us a lot to find and fix weaknesses in the current
NetJSON DeviceConfiguration spec.

If anyone is interested in this feature, please let us know, we will need
extensive testing before this software can be used in production.

Federico

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Edoardo Putti <(spam-protected)>
Date: Mon, May 8, 2017 at 12:14 PM
Subject: [openwisp] gsoc2017: AirOS backend for OpenWISP2
To: OpenWISP <(spam-protected)>

Hello everyone,

I will work on the AirOS backend for OpenWISP during the Google Summer of
Code 2017 [0]

AirOS is a firmware installed on ubiquity hardware used by WISP or wireless
community networks.

I think this project can be very useful to both kind of organization as it
can relieve the network managers from some of their work and it can help
mantaining a community network.

We have been requested to do a weekly progress report on Friday so I won't
share much over the week but I will read the mailing list and chime in when
interested.

If you are interested in this project please get in touch

[0]: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#5988460421709824