[Interop-dev] django-netjsongraph add properties

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 29 10:51:25 CEST 2016

Hi Waldek,

On 04/28/2016 08:22 PM, (spam-protected) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have new with use django-netjsongraph which fantastic tools to
> visualization topology.
> I have update information local network base on OLSRD 1 and all working OK.
> I would like add properties for every node information about hardware route
> Via admin panle I have edit node information and put in filed
> "properties" following :
>
> {
> "Hardware": "Nanostation M2",
> }
>
> and I have click "save" I have information:
>
> Enter valid JSON
>
> How to add new information in properties node ???

It's quite simple, the validation error is clear:
the JSON you entered has a trailing comma, which is not valid according
to the JSON RFC.

Use instead:

{
    "hardware": "Nanostation M2"
}

A visual editor like the one I'm using on django-netjsonconfig [1] would
surely prevent to do these mistakes, hopefully in the near future I'll
add something similar.

[1]: https://github.com/openwisp/django-netjsonconfig

Federico