[Interop-dev] [BMXd] make metric a optional property of NetworkRoutes, NetworkGraph, and each Route object

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 5 12:38:03 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> On 04/04/2016 08:49 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> one of the reason why I prefer the "multiple NetworkGraph/-Route"
>> objects is that there is no guarantee that every topology has the same
>> links or even nodes.
>
> Mm.. I did not know this. I can imagine this being common for different
> graphs representing ipv4 and ipv6, but even for different metrics?

It is more about "sub-topologies" than metrics, but it is related.

Imagine you add a "delay based" metric for real time traffic like
voice... you don't want to add links to the topology that have more
than a few dozen milliseconds of delay.

>> Some of them might only participate in one topology, there doesn't
>> even need to be a "full" topology.
>
> Surely in this type of case wrapping the items in a collection object is
> the best approach.

Henning