[Interop-dev] link-specifc / interface-specific / neighbour link data [was: RFC: add parameter link-type]

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 3 16:29:19 CEST 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> In my opinion, the first thing we should try to do is to have a discussion
> about the terminology used by different routing protocols to refer to this
> type of data.
>
> The second thing we have to do is to clearly state the goal / use case for
> this object, what do we need to do with it? Why did we add it?

I see THREE ways Olsrd2 could supply data for these objects...

1st, it could supply interface specific data including layer-2
information about links to direct neighbors.

2nd, it could supply interface specific data with link metrics about
its 2-hop neighborhood.

3rd, it could supply node specific data with link metrics about the
whole mesh (in this case you only get the best link between each pair
of nodes).

Henning