[Interop-dev] link-specifc / interface-specific / neighbour link data [was: RFC: add parameter link-type]

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 3 16:05:12 CEST 2015

I just opened a new issue:
https://github.com/interop-dev/netjson/issues/25

I copy the text here for the joy of the archive:

an object to represent neighbour link data.

This was also referred to as "link-specific" or "interface-specific".

*the 1st proposed solution* is to add a new top-level member in
NetworkGraph would be sufficient, we have to find a good name for this
member and add it to the spec.

*the other (2nd) possible solution* is changing the value of the type
attribute but keeping the exact same structure of NetworkGraph. This
could be an acceptable solution IMHO: we keep the compatibility with
NetworkGraph, we avoid adding too many attributes but at the same time
we also make a clear distinction between the use case of the two objects.

In my opinion, the first thing we should try to do is to have a
discussion about the terminology used by different routing protocols to
refer to this type of data.

The second thing we have to do is to clearly state the goal / use case
for this object, what do we need to do with it? Why did we add it?

Federico