[Interop-dev] "id" field for routes and topology

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Thu Jul 30 19:23:57 CEST 2015

On 07/30/2015 06:03 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> Let my try to rephrase...
>
> There are protocols that have an "identification field" for each
> router that is NOT an address.

Which NetJSON type are we talking about? NetworkRoutes and NetworkGraph?

  * |router_id|: ID of the router on which the protocol is running

This router_id?

Or you mean what's in "source" and "target" in NetworkGraph and
"destination" in NetworkRoutes?

> The easiest way to make these protocols compatible with NetJSON would
> be to state that the "router-id" of NetJSON should NOT be considered
> an address but an arbitrary string for identification.
>
> Which would of course mean that IF it was an address, you would have
> to repeat it in the "Local Addresses".
>
> Was that more clear?

Almost .. :-)