[Interop-dev] "id" field for routes and topology

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jul 30 18:03:38 CEST 2015

Let my try to rephrase...

There are protocols that have an "identification field" for each
router that is NOT an address.

The easiest way to make these protocols compatible with NetJSON would
be to state that the "router-id" of NetJSON should NOT be considered
an address but an arbitrary string for identification.

Which would of course mean that IF it was an address, you would have
to repeat it in the "Local Addresses".

Was that more clear?

Henning