[Interop-dev] JSON for Networks feedback

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 17 14:24:40 CET 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Nemesis <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi Thijs,
>
> On 01/11/2015 06:57 PM, Thijs van Veen wrote:
>> 1) In the Route object, you suggest a Device field to reference the
>> actual interface you're targeting.
>> I suggest changing the name Device to Destination Interface or something
>> similar to differentiate in terminology between devices (nodes) and
>> their interfaces.

Incoming/Outgoing interface maybe?

Source/Destination sounds more like end-to-end information.

>> 2.) You suggest a Source field for source-specific routing.
>> I suggest adding a Source Interface field, this way (it seems to me) you
>> can more easily handle multi-interface devices.

We could add it as an optional field, not sure if the Linux kernel
supports it at the moment.

But it could be simulated by multiple routing tables...

Yes, I think we should do this.

Henning Rogge