[Interop-dev] RFC: add parameter link-type

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 27 18:20:26 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Bastian Bittorf <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> but what to do with OLSR(v2) ?
>>
>> it has neighbor-information on a link basis and topology information
>> for the whole mesh.
>>
>> and both are put into the same data object?
>
> why not? if you generate the netjson on 1 node, you only have
> a good direct link/neighborhood VIEW for this special node. if you combine
> all netjons-objects, you can e.g. visualize it for the whole net.

because its two totally different data sources... we should not put
them into the same object without a good machine readable way to see
whats going on.

automatic processing is hell if you don't know what data you process.

maybe we could add a "type" flag to the header of the NetworkGraph
object that can be "link" or "node"...

link data is link/interface specific, node data just cares about
connections between nodes.

What do you think?

Henning