[Interop-dev] RFC: add parameter link-type

Bastian Bittorf (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 27 17:37:30 CEST 2015

* Henning Rogge <(spam-protected)> [27.08.2015 17:29]:

[henning, please dont toppost - it makes answering more difficult]

> >> The main problem is that this information is not usually available for
> >> the topology... just for the direct neighborhood.
> >
> > yes, but netJSON is a more generic approach and yes normally this
> > information is usually not available on 1 node for the whole network.
> > a collector is needed for that or some sort of data distribution.

> but what to do with OLSR(v2) ?
>
> it has neighbor-information on a link basis and topology information
> for the whole mesh.
>
> and both are put into the same data object?

why not? if you generate the netjson on 1 node, you only have
a good direct link/neighborhood VIEW for this special node. if you combine
all netjons-objects, you can e.g. visualize it for the whole net.

what is generally difficult if you combine data from the whole net:
the datasets are not originating for the same timestamp. even 1 seconds
difference make other values.

or "solution" for that it to throw away older values for the same link.
so we need a timestamp for the data collection. should it be a new
keyword?

bye, bastian