[Interop-dev] RFC: add parameter link-type

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 27 13:20:08 CEST 2015

Hey Bastian,

On 08/27/2015 12:41 PM, Bastian Bittorf wrote:
> see https://github.com/interop-dev/netjson/issues/22
>
> add 'link: type' or 'link: media'
>
> e.g. wired / wireless / tunnel or even more special:
> '10baseT-HD' or
> '802.11a/n' or
> 'bluetooth' or
> 'zigbee' or
> 'tuntap'
>
> any comments about that?

would be interesting, we also have something like this in nodeshot and I
guess other node-db have similar information too.

Not sure if the routing protocols can know this information though, so
it could be an optional attribute.

> IMHO the visualizer needs this information for
> drawing a better view, otherwise you get a wrong picture:
>
> http://intercity-vpn.de/networks/schoeneck/meshrdf/netjson.html
> 8-)

Cool!
Pay attention, the page is trying to load CSS files but the CSS URLs
return 404, see:
http://intercity-vpn.de/networks/schoeneck/meshrdf/netjsongraph.css
http://intercity-vpn.de/networks/schoeneck/meshrdf/netjsongraph-theme.css

One curiosity: how did you generate the JSON file? where are you taking
the data from?

Thanks for your help! :-)
Federico