[Interop-dev] Network Device JSON Schema

Nicolás Echániz (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 27 17:18:48 CET 2014

On 10/27/2014 07:49 AM, Ralf Schlatterbeck wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:14:17AM +0100, Jernej Kos wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Wait, are you talking also about a configuration schema? I thought that
>> this discussion is only about the telemetry/monitoring schema that is
>> used for data reporting from the devices themselves, not something that
>> requires a running node database etc.?
>
> Hmm, I've re-read Federico's first message and it links to the following
> example json:
> https://github.com/interop-dev/network-device-schema/blob/master/example.json
> which I've interpreted as static (configuration) data not monitoring.
> But I may be wrong.

I agree. Federico's link is clearly related to static data
(configuration or attributes) and not to monitoring/telemetry/dynamic data.

This is clear enough to me by Federico's emails and example, but it
doesn't hurt to have him clarify. Federico?

Our approach at libremap is explained here:
https://github.com/libremap/libremap-api/blob/master/doc-api-router.md

In this model, what you are call "device" is called "router" and what
you call "node" is called "site" (it refers to the router location).
Many routers can belong to the same site; this is tipically called node
on other schemas. Node or site to us represents a group of routers
(devices) which share a location.

The dynamic portion of our current model is only related to links, which
is the other object we want to represent on the map (lines).

Cheers,
Nico