[Interop-dev] Network Device JSON Schema

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 27 07:43:59 CET 2014

On 10/26/2014 11:31 AM, Jernej Kos wrote:
> I am not sure what you mean by "object", but you should see the
> nodewatcher agent schema as an example. There, the final schema is built
> by all the modules, where each has its own part of the schema.

We are not using the same terms, we should sync.

For object as in JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) I mean something like
an object in OOP, that is, something that is an instance of a class of
objects:

  * a network device
  * a link
  * a geographical object

So I was asking what did you mean with "modular" since we are talking
about a JSON object.

In a JSON object, as we all know, you have keys and values, and values
can contain other nested structures. So what do you exactly mean when
you mention modules? Do you mean a key that contains additional data
which was not foreseen in the schema? Or what else?

Words in this case are quite important, if we don't sync on the
terminology we'll have a very hard time.