[Interop-dev] Network Device JSON Schema

Jernej Kos (spam-protected)
Sun Oct 26 19:31:31 CET 2014

Hello!

On 26. 10. 2014 19:22, Nemesis wrote:
> I'm here with Andi and we interpreted that for modular you mean to
> describe each object separately and then be able to use it in a flexible
> way.

I am not sure what you mean by "object", but you should see the
nodewatcher agent schema as an example. There, the final schema is built
by all the modules, where each has its own part of the schema.

And each part of this larger schema must be versioned in order to
support schema evolution.

> For geographical objects the solution is already there, we don't need to
> invent a new thing: GeoJSON is widely adopted and it works pretty well.

Just to clarify, I am not talking about configuration or storage schema
for the nodes. I am only talking about the schema that devices use to
report telemetry.

So unless there is a sensor that reports GPS coordinates, there is no
geographical data in telemetry schema.

Jernej