[Interop-dev] Device Config: should we have a "routes" section too for static routes?

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 30 10:10:38 CET 2014

Hi people,

here it comes the next question:
https://github.com/interop-dev/json-for-networks/issues/4

Should we model the static routes of a device (what's in ip route or
route -n)?

Ubus does this but inserts the routes in each interface (same for
dns-servers and dns-search).

Since we have one dns_servers block and one dns_search block, it would
make sense to make a single routes section for consistency, unless we
think it's more practical to have this information stored at interface
level like ubus does.

Since Henning Rogge (core OLSR developer) confirmed that we can reuse
the structure in
https://github.com/interop-dev/json-for-networks/blob/master/examples/network-routes.json
also for static routes
(https://lists.funkfeuer.at///pipermail/interop-dev/2014-November/000308.html)
we could add something like this to DeviceConfiguration:

"routes": [
        {
            "destination": "ID",
            "source": "ID",