[Interop-dev] Network Topology JSON [was: OLSRd2 JSON APIs]

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 23 15:50:11 CET 2014

Hey People,

thank you for all your inputs.

I've thought about all the inputsand I spent some time looking at the
terminology used for "metrics", "costs" etc and I found that these
things are very often referred as to "routing metrics".

So peraphs we could call it"*routing_metric*"and define it as the name
of main routing metric used by the routing protocol to determine the
best routesto takewhen sending packets.

While for "*cost*" we intend the value of the routing metric, that can
be positive if it means that the lower the cost the betterbut it can
also be negative to indicate that a higher cost is better.

If for version 0 we support only one routing metric per JSON
object(because getting right amultimetric JSON structure for all the
main routing protocols at the first attempt is too much for us right
now), it makes sense to mention the routing metric name just once:

{
    "routing_protocol": {
        "name": "olsr1",
        "routing_metric": "etx",