[Interop-dev] Network Topology JSON [was: OLSRd2 JSON APIs]

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sat Nov 22 09:59:15 CET 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 4:39 AM, Mitar <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What about "weight" if people don't like metric and cost?

I would prefer both cost and metric over "weight".

> Also, should the value be normalized in some way?

unless the designers of the metric cooperate this will be a very hard
thing to do. The only thing I would like is to restrict the values to
integer values...

> What about routing protocols which use multiple metrics together? Like
> ETX + bitrate?

In the end you just have one metric...

the combination of packet loss (ETX) and bitrate is called ETT, which
gives you a similar value than the throughput of the link.

So whatever the combination of input data is, we should get a single value out.

Henning Rogge