[Interop-dev] Network Topology JSON [was: OLSRd2 JSON APIs]

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 19 11:38:36 CET 2014

Hey Henning,

On 11/16/2014 01:38 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> {
>     "type": "OLSR1",
>     "route" : [
>         {
>             "destination": "<ip/prefix>",
>             "source": "<ip/prefix>",
>             "next" : "<ip>",
>             "device": "<dev>",
>             "cost": "<value>",
>         }
>     ]
> }
>
> destination is the IP or prefix that will be matched to the IP
> destination of the traffic, source is the same (optional) for the IP
> source (necessary for source-specific routing). next is the IP of the
> next hop, device is the interface the traffic will be going to and
> cost an integer number greater or equal zero.

thank you very much.

I guess in place of ip/prefx there could be also mac addresses for
layer2 routing protocols like batman-adv?

One question: I heard different metrics can be used simultaneously on a
network in certain routing protocols. Is that true? If yes should we
also add a "metric" attribute that tells if the metric is something as
ETX or ETT? Or this is not important and can be omitted?

I'd like to take this example and add it to the repo (yeah, we'll change
the name to the repo too).

ASAP i'll try to recap what we have been discussing on the README, maybe
adding a "motivations" section with few diagrams to make it easier to get.
Some developers of other routing protocols encouraged me to do it,
saying that if I did that it would be easier to get more routing
protocols and openwrt devs to support this initiative.
I'll wait for that, but until ready I'll try to move as speedy as I can.

Federico