[Interop-dev] Round 3 Network Device Config JSON Schema

Ralf Schlatterbeck (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 18 10:45:14 CET 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 02:34:50PM +0100, Nemesis wrote:

> The *"device"* attribute in a wireless interface points to elements in
> "*physical_devices*".
> https://github.com/interop-dev/network-device-schema/blob/7f746588df4f70429dafbb0df80775dbe73b531b/network-device-configuration-example.json#L26
>
> is it ok to call the attribute "device"? Or should we call it
> "physical_device"?

Yet another proposal: I'd use net_device (or network_device following
Mitar's suggestion on more verbose names).
[In our schema we also model Antennas, and both, 'Net_Device' and
'Antenna' have 'Device' as common ancestor... it makes sense to model
common attributes like manufacturer...]

Ralf
--
Dr. Ralf Schlatterbeck                  Tel:   +43/2243/26465-16
Open Source Consulting                  www:   http://www.runtux.com