[Interop-dev] Round 3 Network Device Config JSON Schema

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Sat Nov 15 14:34:50 CET 2014

Latest changes:

https://github.com/interop-dev/network-device-schema/compare/8bb8d21f12...7f746588df

  * renamed "os" to "operating_system"
  * renamed "router" to "router_id" in "routing_protocols" section

I need to ask 1 more little question:

The *"device"* attribute in a wireless interface points to elements in
"*physical_devices*".
https://github.com/interop-dev/network-device-schema/blob/7f746588df4f70429dafbb0df80775dbe73b531b/network-device-configuration-example.json#L26

is it ok to call the attribute "device"? Or should we call it
"physical_device"?

Now let's go back to the few remaining open points:

On 11/14/2014 02:57 PM, Nemesis wrote:

> what should the possible values of "encryption" in a wireless
> interface be?
>
>       o "none" or do you prefer false (boolean)?
>       o "wep"
>       o "wpa"
>       o "wpa2"
>       o "802.1x"
>       o others?

Let's start with the standard ones in openwrt:

  * none for an open network
  * wep for WEP
  * psk for WPA-PSK
  * psk2 for WPA2-PSK

Plus this list
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/wireless#wpa.modes

Ok?

>   * in case encryption is different than none, shall we start mapping
>     this type of config now or shall we delay it to a later moment?

Let's not do this now, we can do it at a later moment if we feel the need.

>   * are you ok with renaming output_power in tx_power in a radio
>     physical device?

let's keep tx_power

>   * so far the ip configuration of this example has been static, how
>     could we represent a DHCP setup?

Kotsko, you mentioned you had a similar case in one of your examples.

Did you mean this example?
https://gist.github.com/kostko/9b6eb44f373e17891d65
Or another one?

Federico