[Interop-dev] Round 3 Network Device Config JSON Schema

Jernej Kos (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 14 17:43:39 CET 2014

Hello!

On 14. 11. 2014 17:20, Henning Rogge wrote:
>> what should the possible values of "encryption" in a wireless interface be?
> Maybe "security" instead of encryption? There is more to the security
> of a wifi interface than the algorithm.

Yes, the WiFi security can be complicated. For reporting, we currently
adopt fields similar to OpenWrt's rpcd, see here:

https://github.com/wlanslovenija/nodewatcher-agent/blob/master/modules/wireless.c#L60

> I would like router_id more... its called differently for every
> protocol, but its always an identifier (most times its an IP address).

I also agree with Henning here, "router_id" as it is always an
identifier (IP address, MAC address) that uniquely identifies the device
in the routing protocol.

Jernej