[Interop-dev] Network Device Configuration JSON Schema

Mitar (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 2 20:13:07 CET 2014

Hi!

> How do you think is best to achieve this?
>
> For example, GeoJSON has a "properties" key in which you can put
> whatever attribute you need.

Better approach is in my opinion for schema to be defined so that
consumers of data ignore any unknown field. So consumers are robust in
using the data, but producers are strict in how they create data (they
do not reuse the same filed for different purposes).

Another approach is to use JSON-LD, so that it is easy to rename and
move fields around, but consumer can always translate the JSON into
their style.

I really think that instead of trying to define field names and JSON
structure, we should just define a schema: semantic meaning of various
fields we are using, and then we can use that field anywhere in the
structure. It is like, let's define only types we are using.

There are many data types already defined:

http://schema.org/docs/full.html

See what a schema is:

"The schemas are a set of 'types', each associated with a set of
properties. The types are arranged in a hierarchy."

So let's define one for configuration of mesh network devices.

http://schema.org/docs/schemas.html

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/