[Interop-dev] Common API

Mitar (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 30 10:38:16 CEST 2013

Hi!

Nice stuff. :-)

Is REST interface django-tastypie based?

If I understand correctly, you pull changes? The last change always wins?

> And hey, I started thinking there cannot be real interoperability
> without the interoperable applications doing a kind of federated
> authentication system with oauth or something.
> Think about it.

I am not sure if authentication itself is needed, but definitely systems
have to be able to create external accounts. So if I sync with you and
you have a node owned by user "foobar", I just have to create that user
in my system as well, but there is no need that user would be really
able to authenticate through my system, only a user object is needed.

The more serious issue is username conflicts between systems. We might
simply solve that by all external usernames to be mapped to something
like (spam-protected) usernames.

With custom user classes in Django 1.5 this is probably easily done.

But you are right, for interoperability we should define user object
schema as well. At least username structure. I propose
<username>@<authentication-domain>, where local authentication domain
can use only username portion to authenticate.

We might even define a common Django authentication app for that. :-)

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m